- CUHK Alumni Charity Foundation Limited (“ACF”, “we”, “us” or “our”) pledges to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the highest security and confidentiality standards.
- We protect the privacy of users of our website. Any personal data collected from you will only be used for the specific purposes mentioned at the time of collection or for purposes directly related to those specific purposes and/or that mentioned in the relevant Personal Information Collection Statement.
- We will retain your personal data only for so long as necessary to fulfill the purpose of collection; and will erase your personal data thereafter. We will ensure the security of your personal data and protect them from unauthorised access.
- We will keep your personal data confidential. Your personal data will be used (and disclosed) to third parties for the purposes for which they were collected, and where we are required to do so by law and as specified in the relevant Personal Information Collection Statement.
- We may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually and cannot be used to determine the particular user in order to measure traffic, gauge the popularity of different parts of our websites, gain general knowledge about the users, and facilitate the enhancement of our websites. This information may include the IP address, operating system and version, the type of network, the type and configuration of your browser, the geo-location information and identifiers of the device you used.
- Information collected when you visit our websites
Statistics on visitors to our websites – When you visit our websites, we will record your visit only as a “hit”. The webserver makes a record of your visit that includes your IP addresses (and domain names), the types and configurations of browsers, language settings, geo-locations, operating systems, previous sites visited, and time/duration and the pages visited (webserver access log).
We use the webserver access log for the purpose of maintaining and improving our websites such as to determine the optimal screen resolution, which pages have been most frequently visited etc. We use such data only for website enhancement and optimization purposes.
We do not use, and have no intention to use the visitor data to personally identify anyone. This PPS is subject to change. Any changes will be posted on this page. Your continued use of our websites after the posting of such changes indicates your acceptance to the same. In case of any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail. If you have any enquiries, please send an email to email@example.com.